Becoming a Carer
We are looking for people to become foster carers who are willing and committed to making a positive and lasting difference to the lives of children in out of home care.
If you are interested in becoming a carer you can contact us on (07) 4169 0587 or alternatively you can complete an Online Enquiry and one of our friendly staff will contact you.
Steps You Need to Take to Become a Foster Carer
Becoming a carer is not a quick process as ensuring children's safety is our number 1 priority. There are a number of screening processes that must be undertaken first. Partners in Foster Care is here to help you through the entire journey. Below is a brief summary of the screening processes:
- Receive information on becoming a carer
- Express interest in becoming a carer
- Attend pre-service training and assessment of training outcomes
- Lodge an official application form
- Undergo an assessment and checks - medical, criminal
- Receive a certificate of approval
- You are a certified Foster Carer for 12 months!