Becoming a Carer
We are looking for people to become foster carers who are willing and committed to making a positive and lasting difference to the lives of children in out of home care.
If you are interested in becoming a carer you can contact us on (07) 4169 0587 or alternatively you can complete an Online Enquiry and one of our friendly staff will contact you:
Steps You Need to Take to Become a Foster Carer
Becoming a carer is not a quick process as ensuring children's safety is our number 1 priority. There are a number of screening processes that must be undertaken first. Partners in Foster Care is here to help you through the entire journey. Below is a brief summary of the screening processes:
- Receive information on becoming a carer
- Express interest in becoming a carer
- Attend pre-service training and assessment of training outcomes
- Lodge an official application form
- Undergo an assessment and checks - medical, criminal
- Receive a certificate of approval
- You are a certified Foster Carer for 12 months!