Work With Us
CTC is a proactive organisation, continually identifying and addressing gaps in community services in the South Burnett. We are therefore continually seeking skilled and committed staff to join our various teams.
If you would like to find out about current opportunities within our organisation, please keep a check on this page. If you would like more information about working for South Burnett CTC please contact Janet Champney (Manager - Human Resources) on (07) 4162 9000 or e-mail email@example.com.
To 'Discover the Magic' of working in the South Burnett please visit the Discover South Burnett website.
Support Workers - Casual - CTC Residential Services
Applications close 20 April 2021
CTC is seeking staff to join our team of casual Support Workers who provide care and support to children/young people living in our Residential Houses which are operated in partnership with Child Safety.
Applicants must provide a resume, referee details and covering letter/email outlining how they meet the broad requirements of the position as outlined below:-
- The ability to provide supportive in and out of home care to children and young people who have complex needs and remain calm and respond appropriately should their behaviour escalate (training provided)
- Availability for shift work, including sleep overs and public holidays
- An active interest in outdoor activities including sports and camping
- Literacy and IT skill levels to be able to compile detailed case notes on a database system
- The observation and domestic skills required to maintain a clean and hygienic living environment
- A Blue Card for Working with Children, Child Safety Suitability Check and First Aid, CPR and Bronze Medallion Certificates or ability to acquire
- Hold or be willing to work towards a Cert IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential Care) or other recognised qualification
- A Queensland driver’s license
Shortlisted applicants will be required to successfully complete a 5 day (paid) pre-selection training program in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention and Transforming Care scheduled to be delivered in Kingaroy (6, 7, 10, 11 and 12 May) as part of the recruitment process.
CLICK HERE to download the Position Description
Applications to CTC Human Resources, PO Box 490, Kingaroy. 4610. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 4162 9000
Disability Support Workers - Casual
Ongoing applications accepted
CTC Disability Services Support Workers are rostered to provide a comprehensive suite of supports to people with a disability across the South Burnett in accordance with CTC’s Certificate of Registration with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission (and also offers a Fee for Service system if requested).
Applicants must provide a resume, referee details and covering letter outlining how they meet the following broad requirements of the position:
- An understanding of the Disability Sector and the ability to provide quality support to meet the goals outlined in an NDIS Participant Plan
- Experience in computer/mobile phone technology is required for roster management/posting shifts, claiming approved vehicle mileage and compiling case notes to an industry standard
- A reliable, registered private vehicle, covered by comprehensive insurance, suitable for transporting participants
- Availability and willingness to work flexibly to contribute at short notice to a 24 hour, 7 day per week roster system
- Queensland Driver’s Licence
- Working with Children Blue Card and NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Current Fist Aid and CPR certificates or ability to acquire
Applications to CTC Human Resources, PO Box 490, Kingaroy 4610 Email email@example.com Phone: 4162 9000
CLICK HERE to download the position description
Why Work in the Magical South Burnett
Why not enjoy a new quality of life in regional Queensland. Here at CTC we would like to tap into the public's growing awareness of the lifestyle benefits offered by regional centres such as Nanango, Kingaroy, Wondai and Murgon (only 2 hours drive from Brisbane and the Sunshine or Fraser Coasts) as great places to live, work and invest. We have provided below a small sample of information and links to showcase to South East Queensland (Brisbane, Sunshine & Gold Coast) residents the attraction of a regional lifestyle and demonstrate that it no longer requires a sacrifice in terms of access to quality services, infrastructure and job opportunities.
Some of the benefits of living and working in the South Burnett:
- New Location, New Life
- More Room, Less Mortgage - Housing costs dramaticlly lower than the capital cities
- Goodbye Peak Hour
Careers - There are excellent career prospects in each of the four major communities in the South Burnett and business opportunities for individuals and families who are looking to take the next step, pursue a change or start their own business.
Family Life - A “new town, new life” in the South Burnett means a great lifestyle, fantastic housing and a welcoming and safe community in which to raise your family. It means less time commuting, working and stressing, and more time for you and your family.
The South Burnett has numerous excellent independent and public schools and an abundance of preschools and day-care centres. Sporting facilities are also well-covered in the South Burnett, with a large variety of clubs and groups providing recreation for the entire family.
Entertainment activities are plentiful, with a cinema, galleries, museums, festivals, concerts and a steady stream of events covering music, food, art and much more. To access more information, visit SouthBurnett.com.au.
Lifestyle - Residing in a regional town has many of the benefits of a capital city without the hassles. What we’re talking about is not a sea change, but a TREE CHANGE.
A move to the South Burnett is a move to a region with less traffic, a great lifestyle, a welcoming and safe community, numerous fantastic cafes and restaurants and a beautiful, bigger home with a smaller mortgage to raise your family. The South Burnett also has beautiful yet diverse natural surroundings from mountainous ranges to stunning lakes, wine regions and dramatic valleys.
Housing - One of the great benefits of living in the South Burnett is that real estate prices are dramatically lower than in South East Queensland. This means South Burnett residents can enjoy a bigger and better home for their money.
The affordable housing in the South Burnett also makes them an attractive proposition for property investors to leverage the high demand for rental properties in many of the towns.
Median Weekly Rents – Residential Tenancies Authority
– Quarterly rents for 1, 2 and 3 bedroom flats/units; 2 and 3 bedroom townhouses; 2, 3 and 4 bedroom houses
– Available for March, June, September and December quarters for major centres throughout Queensland, reformed LGAs and postcodes
Rental Housing Vacancy Rates - QGSO
– Quarterly survey of Queensland real estate agencies
– Available for September quarter 2004 to June quarter 2010 for Inner Brisbane, Remainder of Brisbane LGA, Brisbane Surrounds, Gold Coast and Rest of Qld
Affordibility - Index of Retail Prices in Regional Centres - This publication contains information derived from a survey of regional prices in selected Queensland cities and towns. The data are expressed in the form of index numbers, which allow comparison of relative retail prices between selected centres and Brisbane at the time of the survey. Prices are collected for the broad categories of food; alcohol and tobacco; clothing and footwear; housing; household contents and services; health, education and communication; transportation; recreation; and financial and insurance services.
How to make the move - so you think the South Burnett might be for you?
The next step is to visit the South Burnett to check out everything the region has to offer! Our local Visitor Information Centres (VICs) can help plan your trip to make sure you don’t miss a thing.
We look forward to your visit and hopefully your move to our magical region!