Upcoming Community Expo and Information Sessions
Are You Supporting Someone With An Alcohol or Drug Issues?
Wednesday 5th February 2020 - at Graham House Murgon
Come along to Graham House in Murgon on Wednesday 5th February, 2020 from 8:30am.
What a great opportunity to talk to services face to face. At least 10 organizations will be present to share what they do and how to access them. It will be place for people of the community to come and find information and assistance in their journey. The Expo will run from 8:30am to 10:30am with a morning tea provided. Deputy Mayor, Kathy Duff will open the event at 9am.
Some of the services committed to the event –
- Drug Arm – Breakthrough For Families - (working with families and loved ones of drug and alcohol misusers)
- Family Drug Support (FDS) is an Australia wide organization - (Support to families across Australia who are impacted by someone else’s alcohol and/or drug use.)
- Lives Lived Well – AOD with free counselling
- Queensland Council of Social Services (QCOSS) (this peak body works to change government policy for the lower income earner)
- QAIHC - Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health Council
- CRAAICHS – Cherbourg Regional Aboriginal & Islander Community Controlled Health Services
- Murgon Men’s Shed and Mavis (Mavis is an older vehicle, travels to different locations to talk about Mental Health Issues, mainly with older men)
- QNADA – Queensland Network of Alcohol and Other Drug Agencies
- Local Drug Action Team will be giving out red balloons with their information
Mark your calendar and come along for a morning of information and a yummy morning tea. Because – Knowledge is Power. Drug and Alcohol misuse is a problem in our society and where do we look for help.
A workshop on Breakthrough Our Way will run after the Expo and people are welcome to stay and find out more about the program. Looking to wrap up the day about 1.30.
For further information please contact –
Christelle Withers-Mayne Manager Graham House - 41698400
Lyndell Richards Family Support Officer Drug Arm - Phone 0437509297
A little more information just for you.
February will be an exciting month as training is rolling out throughout our region. Cherbourg Regional Aboriginal and Islander Controlled Health Services (CRAICCHS), Goonbir in Dalby and Goolburri in Toowoomba through that week 3rd to 7th February. Breakthrough For Families has an indigenous program called Breakthrough Our Way. This program was put together by QAIHC and a group of indigenous people with all the graphics designed by this team. This is just part of the picture.